eCommerce brands have been utilizing video content for a few years now as part of their overall marketing strategy, but in 2022 they will need to take it up a notch. By implementing shoppable content into their videos, these brands can create an even more engaging experience for their customers while also increasing sales conversions.
The trusted service that is Shopify, have recently conducted their 'The Future Of E-commerce' report, where their leading advice for marketing strategy for 2022 was to incorporate interactive shoppable content. But not everyone is au fait with interactivity and how this is being used to increase conversion rates and remove barriers to the basket. As the experts in all things interactive, we are here to break it down right from the top.
What is interactive video?
Interactive video is a type of online content that allows viewers to interact directly with the video itself. This can be done by clicking on different elements within the video or even taking direct action, such as purchasing a product that is featured.
Why use interactive video?
There are many reasons why eCommerce brands should consider using interactive video in their 2022 marketing strategy. Some of the key benefits include:
- Increased recall: Interactive videos keep users engaged longer than traditional videos, which means they are more likely to remember your brand and what it represents.
- Greater ROI: Since interactive videos drive more engagement and conversions than regular videos, they provide a higher return on investment (ROI).
- More engaging experience: The interactive nature of these videos makes them more fun and engaging to watch, which can encourage customers to keep coming back for more.
What are some examples of interactive video?
Some common examples of interactive video include:
- Clickable hotspots: You can add interactive elements to your video that allow viewers to click on different objects for more information. This is a great way to provide additional context about your product or service and keep customers engaged with the content.
- Quizzes: You can add quiz questions directly into your video content, which allows viewers to test their knowledge as they watch. This is a great way to increase engagement and ensure that viewers are paying attention to your content.
- Polls: Similar to quizzes, polls allow viewers to vote on different topics or questions as they watch the video. This can help you gather feedback and get a better understanding of what viewers are interested in.
How can eCommerce brands implement shoppable videos into their strategy?
There are a few different ways that eCommerce brands can implement shoppable videos into their marketing strategy. Here are a few examples:
- Product placement: You can feature your products directly in the video, which will allow customers to click on them and purchase them directly from the video itself.
- Interactive look-books: You can create interactive look-books that allow customers to browse your products and learn more about them. This is a great way to showcase your entire product line and increase sales conversions.
- Shopping guides: You can create shopping guides that show viewers how to purchase specific items or products from your store. This is a great way to provide helpful information for your customers and drive sales conversions.
- Call to action: You can add a call to action at the end of your interactive video, which will encourage viewers to take further action. This could include visiting your website, subscribing to your newsletter, or purchasing products from your store.
Interactive video is a great way for eCommerce brands to create a more engaging experience for their customers while also increasing sales conversions. By incorporating shoppable content into their videos, these brands can take their marketing strategy up a notch and improve their overall results.
Why is interactive content more engaging for consumers?
Interactive content is more engaging for consumers because it allows them to be a part of the experience. They can click on different elements within the video or take direct action, such as purchasing a product that is featured. This makes the experience more interactive and fun, which encourages customers to keep coming back for more.
If you're looking for more information on interactive video or how to implement it into your marketing strategy, be sure to contact us for our white paper: https://www.interflixmedia.com/contact
Thanks for reading, The IF team.